Senior Care Facilities
Senior care facilities on average use 100 gallons per bed and 20 gallons per employee. These usages doesn’t even consider additional flow for a property that included a community room that was available for use by those other than the residents. With the Flosaver ™ Air Reduction & Efficiency Valve, you can stop paying for the air in your water lines, and reduce your total overall operational expenses.
Senior care facilities on average use 100 gallons per bed and 20 gallons per employee. These usages doesn’t even consider additional flow for a property that included a community room that was available for use by those other than the residents.
Senior care facilities that have conducted successful water use reduction programs have been able to reduce water use up to 25% or more. For large facilities, this can translate to over $100,000 per year savings in water, sewer and energy costs. Based on published reports, healthcare facilities that implement water conservation changes can expect a return on investment (ROI) in the range of approximately 25% – 40%. However, to achieve such dramatic savings requires a systematic approach.
Recommended steps include:
- Audit current water use.
- Install water meters at strategic locations in the facility.
- Read/record water readings weekly (or more frequently at first) and analyze the data.
- Look for high water use areas, trends, and unusual occurrences.
- Identify water conservation opportunities, including low hanging fruit (drips, leaks and unnecessary flows), changes to operations (e.g., improved practices in cleaning, laundry and kitchen), and opportunities requiring engineering/equipment solutions (toilets, sterilizers, boiler, chillers, etc.).
- Determine cost of opportunities and potential return on investment.
- Prioritize water conservation opportunities.
- Develop a phased plan that fits your budget.
- Obtain funding (revise plan, if necessary).
- Implement plan.
- Measure and document success.
A healthcare facility may undertake a water conservation project using internal resources, or they may choose to hire an engineering company that specializes in this subject. Outside assistance is especially helpful when it comes to analyzing equipment retrofit and replacement projects, since new technologies are constantly coming into the market and their true effectiveness is difficult to ascertain from product literature. In addition, outsiders may make it easier to get your project funded because they can organize and format your data in a way that sells your program to management. Installing a Flosaver valve by pbH2o Solutions is a great way to start saving money today! Call now for a free evaluation.